I can't believe that I am headed back to school on Tuesday. I will be taking three graduate courses this semester and two in the fall. Moving to Ohio meant I had to apply for licensure once I was here. Apparently the fact that I graduated with my masters from an accredited university, passed the NCE, am licensed in MI, and a national board certified counselor doesn't mean OH will let me get my license. I didn't have 5 courses that OH wants me to have in order to be licensed by them. This is completely frustrating for me as I currently am not licensed in OH and have to go back to school. Oh the joys. So I applied to a University near where I am staying and will start my classes soon.
So, a little over 5 years after I graduated with my masters I am packing it back up and headed to the classroom. I actually like school and am just bummed that what I am doing now isn't going to give me an additional degree. While I thought I was getting close to being able to pay off my student loans, I now get to add another 10-12 thousand on top of that total for these 5 course (I am going to a private university).
Then there is the part of me that is excited to buy new school supplies :) The classes I am taking actually sound interesting and I think will be very helpful so that is a positive.
I will be in class Mon, Tues Wed from 6-840pm. So as soon as I get down with work those days I will head to class (as the drive will take me about 30-40 minutes). That will make for some long days. This time around I will still be working a full time job, but it will be during the day versus the overnight shift. That has got to be helpful!
All of my books have been ordered and have arrived - I love new books!
Wish me well as I start the new classes, it will be an adventure to say the least :)
No comments:
Post a Comment