Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Who needs a groomer??

So I decided to try my hand at cutting my pups hair. It was an amusing experience to say the least. My aunt used to trim her pups hair, and gave me her trimmers. Surprisingly enough Riley did a great job while I was cutting her hair. Given previous experience with trimming hair around her eyes and cutting her nails I thought she would give me the most problems so I started with her. For the most part Riley just stood there and let me shave her. My first attempt ended before trying to trim the hair around Riley and Caleigh's eyes or their legs/feet. They were funny looking for a couple of days before I decided to give it another go and get the courage to trim their faces and legs. I have to say I am pretty proud of how both girls turned out!! All that said... I will probably take them to the groomer every other time - anal glands - enough of a reason to shell out the money here and there.
Here are a couple of pictures of the girls. The one of them together is before I trimmed their faces and the ones where they are alone is the final product :)


In other news I have decided that it was time to change my bedding. My bedding consists of a down alt. comforter with duvet cover & of course sheets. Well, my comforter is extremely warm - seriously I turn the heat down to 57/56 at night in the winter and I am still warm at night. So obviously this is not a good thing in the warmer months - especially the middle of the summer!!! So earlier this year I bought a quilt from Target - it is a purple color on one side and cream on the other. I love it and have been waiting to use. Now that overnight temps aren't dropping the temp in my house down into the 60's I have finally changed the comforter for the quilt. So - I took a picture to share with everyone, what do you think??


Well I suppose that is all for now. More later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment