Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away!

Ugh!! So at the start of April I started calling around to get estimates on getting concrete poured for my driveway or asphalt. I had rocks, but living in Michigan and dealing with a bunch of snow does not go well with rocks for a driveway. Anytime i had to use the snow blower i would kick up a bunch of rocks that would fly all over the place. Fun times! So, i decided to do something different. Towards the end of April i signed an estimate for concrete - i knew i was like 12th in line with the company and it would be awhile. Then last Friday I got a call to say that they would be out either Sun or Monday to start work on my driveway. Great!! I was told it would take one day - two at the most. So they did a little something on Sunday. On Monday the removed all the rocks from my driveway, framed it, and put the steel rods down.. Tuesday it was supposed to rain so no one came out... Wed rain, Thurs rain... 5 days later and I still don't have a driveway. It's a pain in the butt because I have to go out first thing in the morning and move my car from the alley/one way street in front of my house to the road a little ways down so that I can get out if they come. Once the concrete goes down I still have to park in the alley way for a week - which won't be as bad since i won't have to move my car around... or will it. My parents are coming to my house this weekend to stay for a week. That is normally great, but with no garage to pull into we are going to be playing musical cars every day whenever someone goes out. Fun times... Honestly at this point i just want it done and over with. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, so fingers crossed it gets done. Oh, speak of the devil the guy just called my phone, i'll have to check my voice mail in a minute to see what he had to say.

So that is what has been going on in my world, waiting for a driveway. Once everything is done I will post pictures!!

I hope all is well with everyone else! I miss all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment