Saturday, October 1, 2011

Guard Dogs

Moving into a new place is an adjustment period for everyone, including my pups.  Riley and Caleigh have been having a good time figuring things out and barking at all the new noises and people/animals they have seen.  I typically have my phone around me and have caught some cute pictures of the girls figuring out the new place.

My house has central air, but the sellers also had a window unit upstairs that they left with the house.  It wasn't put in correctly and you could see outside as the sides did not seal with the window.  Fun times.  Last weekend the girls and I were upstairs in my room and I could hear a bird. The bird started making a lot of noise and it caught both pups' attention.  It kinda sounded like the bird had gotten stuck between the window unit and the side of the actual window.  Of course they both started barking (what else would my girls do) but Caleigh became very interested in figuring out what was going on. Even after the bird flew away Caleigh had to keep going up to the window to check things out. I ended up taking the window unit out that day because temps have been dropping, but Caleigh kept going over to see if she could find the bird.
Here is a picture of Caleigh trying to find the bird.




The girls favorite spot so far seems to be in the living room where they can see out the front windows.  I have two nice big windows in the living room that look out into the street so the girls monitor all the cars, people, dogs that come and go. On multiple occasions I have caught the girls looking out the windows and I have taken some pictures.  Caleigh is tall enough that she can see out the window without jumping up, but Riley is just a little short and she has to crane her head up to see unless she just jumps up.
Here is a picture of Riley checking out the neighborhood.




Here is one of both the girls on the couch watching the world go by.

One of my Caleigh




And lastly one more of Riley because sometimes it is hard work being a watch dog, you just have to lay there and prop your head up on the arm of the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment