Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome Home

So, I bought a new house! I was able to move in that last Sunday in August and spent a few days with my mom scrubbing the place clean (GROSS!) I am not sure how it was so dirty and nasty because I never got that when I saw the house before buying - of course than I had shoes on and didn't poke around in places like vents and the fridge. 
Anyway... Here is the picture of the front of the house just before I bought it.
I have not taken any pictures of the outside of the house since I have bought it, but I really need to!  Do you see those two huge bushes in the front, they were too close to the house and too big so they needed to be cut down.  My sister came up the first weekend of Sept and her and my mom worked outside, and ended up cutting down the entire bushes versus trimming them.  It really does look completely different out front.  I need to re-grade the ground around the house so water will flow away instead of towards the house, so still some changes to make there.  When I remember I will take a picture of the front and how it looks now to show the difference without the two bushes.  The bushes kept lots of bugs so that is a positive to have gone.  During my home inspection I was standing outside the front door and got dive bombed by a bug that stung me under my eye and HURT!

So, a little bit about my house.  It was built in the early 1950's and is a 1 and 1/2 story bungalow.  I have a mostly unfinished basement (with one room that is finished - wood paneling, blue carpet, built in bar). The main floor has two bedrooms (one is my office!) a full bath, dining room, living room, kitchen, eat in area, sun room.  I have a milk bottle slot in the side of the house - back in the day your milk would be delivered there its a area between the outside and inside so the milk would not go bad - never saw this kinda thing until I started looking at house in Ohio.  The entire main level is the original hard wood (someone before me ripped up whatever carpet was done before).  The top floor/converted attic has hallway storage, a full bathroom and a large bedroom.  The stairs going up were carpeted when I bought the house with an ugly railing and the hallway had the carpet as well.  The house has about 1580 square feet, more than enough for me.

I have had lots of projects that I wanted and still want to get down and my parents have been a big help with things.  Some things I will have to save up to have done, but others have already started and a few are finished. 

When I get rooms finished I will post before and after pictures so you can see what the new place looks like!  I have a spare room and an air mattress that can be used in the office so I am open for visitors whenever you want to come :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks super cute! Sounds like a cool floor plan, too. If I get to come home with V for a few weeks this summer (as planned...!) we'll come visit you and test out your guest room :)

    ReplyDelete